The Lock 16 Café provides a quaint, vintage setting with a focus on Illinois history. Enjoy a handcrafted latte while exploring our visitor center exhibits or enjoy a delectable brunch after experiencing a mule-pulled 1840’s replica canal boat tour. The Lock 16 Café is located in the I&M Canal Visitor Center and includes:
- Espresso Drinks: Let us serve you with a handcrafted espresso drink! Our drinks include popular blends such as lattes and cappuccinos, but we are also trained in alternative methods including cortadas, Italian style macchiatos and more. Also, keep coming back to see what new, seasonal flavors we originate each month.
- Breakfast Options: Enjoy a delicious veggie frittata or a bacon egg and swiss, grilled panini! Lock 16 Cafe prepares and serves various mouthwatering breakfast options perfect to get you started on your I&M canal adventures.
- Lunch Options: Sandwiches, wraps, soups and salads. If you are joining us in the middle of the day, then Lock 16 cafe is the perfect place to refuel and head back out to your exciting, Illinois Valley exploration.
- Pastries and Ice Cream: Nothing goes better with a cup of our flavorful, locally roasted coffee than a warm, fresh pastry. Lock 16 cafe has an assortment of muffins, turnovers, cookies and seasonal treats to choose from. Enjoy your get-away even more with something sweet and tasty!
- Wines, Beers and Champagne: How about a sparkling glass of champagne? Try a delicious Mimosa!
While at the cafe, explore our I&M Canal Visitor Center which includes exhibits, an 8 foot by 40 foot mural, a unique map table and story band that wraps around the cafe, gift shop and visitor center, all here to tell the canal story.
Also, buy your I&M Canal Boat tickets at the front counter.
Or rent a bike to ride the I&M Canal State Trail east along the canal (Bikes available April 1 – November 30, download app HERE)
The I&M Canal Visitor Center, the Vintage Room and the I&M Canal Boat are available for private parties. For more info click HERE
And finally, enjoy our unique and beautiful gift shop, boasting an array of colorful florals, whimsical household treasures, cards, books, interesting souvenirs and clever gifts for children.
Lock 16 Hours:
Open 7 days a week.
8 AM – 4 PM
Address: 754 First Street LaSalle, IL 61301
To book your 2022 events, please email email@example.com or call the front desk for more information.